RSS

My Mental War

15 Apr

Hi!  I’m new here, so I should introduce myself.  My name is Linda, and I’m your standard, run-of-the-mill, right-wing wife of a military man who likes the way I stay home and raise his kids and stuff.  Shoot, I don’t even exist, as far as The Left is concerned.  Acknowledging my existence would . . . disrupt their narrative.

Ooh, I can tell already that I’m gonna fit right in.  Thanks for your hospitality, Mr. Saddleburr.

And now, without further ado:

My Mental War

Recently, Missy and I debated whether Obama spoke out of ignorance or calculation when he said that overturning his healthcare law would be “unprecedented.”

Today I find myself mentally debating this question again, this time about Hilary Rosen’s “never worked a day in her life” schtick.

Was it a gaffe, in which she let the mask slip?  Or was it calculated to distract us from The Real Issue?

I wrestle with this mental debate a lot, and I can never truly make up my mind.  Neither answer satisfies my rather unfortunate urge to understand these people because either way, the truth is unsettling.

Take Ms. Rosen’s case, for example.  Either she is disdainful of women who (if they are “rich enough” to have the “luxury” of the choice) decide not to work, or she is willing to say anything with a straight face if it will benefit her political party.

Which is it?  And did you notice how clever that little limitation is?  The disdain is reserved only for the rich stay-at-home moms, ‘natch.  Disparaging the opinions of all stay-at-home moms would be beyond the pale, even for the most leftist of the left.

Of course, this limitation only works if it’s true.  First, it must be true that rich persons cannot understand the difficulties of the poor.  In other words, there is no such thing as empathy in Ms. Rosen’s world.

Second, it must be true that staying home is a luxury reserved for the wealthy.  And oh, looky, right on cue, the President enters stage left with his ridiculous claim that they couldn’t afford the “luxury” of Michelle staying home.  (Never-you-mind about the First Lady’s opinion.  That was way back in 2007 when she said that staying home makes her ill.)

Do you know what?

I’m tired of wondering whether these people are actually thick enough to believe the ridiculous things they say.

Is it purely partisan political hackery?  Or do they really believe that only the rich can live comfortably on one income?  If so, then the Obamas and the Rosens may as well live on the moon, they are so far out of touch.  Come on over to my house, guys.  Meet me and all my stay-at-home mom buddies.  We exist.  None of us are even the teensiest bit rich.

Oh, no.  See what I’m doing?  Mentally debating the “ignorance v. calculation” question.  Again!  I may need professional help.

It’s just . . . I’m confused.  I can’t even keep up with the various lines of reasoning.  Does the left believe there is a real Republican War on Women?  (In which women are dying!  Dying! Because evil conservatives are killing them during childbirth!)

Or not?  Because we have Ms. Rosen saying the Democrats had actually never used the phrase “War on Women,” and that it was a Republican invention.

Wait.  Is it really . . . Obama’s War on Women?

Okay.  I guess I’m done.  I thought I’d have something more meaningful to say about The Left and The Right and The Staying Home and The Mommy Wars, which is normally like crack to my little brain.

Yet, here I am too far into a post to just delete it, and with nothing more meaningful to add than this:  it doesn’t matter what we say anymore.  We’d probably be better off not responding at all.

Ann Kane at The American Thinker says it best:

“Wouldn’t it be cool if he next time the Left entices us with some manufactured crisis, we just ignore it and continue on with exposing what’s really going on?”

About these ads

Tags: , , , ,

18 responses to “My Mental War

1. P. Henry Saddleburr

April 15, 2012 at 8:33 pm

First off, welcome to the looney bin patient Linda. You’ll be just fine if you take your medications and cause no problems with the nice attendants, who are really your best friends.

Seriously though, I’m thrilled that you’ve joined us. The readers that know us, but don’t know you yet, will be too.

I saw a new piece of artwork from iMaksim the other day that explains everything that’s going on and there is nothing going on that is not engineered in advance and purposeful.

Even clumsily executed deployments of Democrat strawmen as clumsy on purpose, I think. It brings a great deal of attention that Democrats, who own the media microphone, use to pound home the message.

These are devious and conniving people that must be defeated soundly in 205 days.

2. Pedro

April 16, 2012 at 9:39 am

Cheers to a fresh voice. I hope you tread lightly posing as a Republican woman because if I’m to believe the left, there really aren’t any. Certainly your cloak of secrecy will be cast off and the real woman, a liberal working class hero of the democratic left will slink out and put us all into a mental debate about what is real and what is a calculated fabrication.

3. Saddlesore

April 16, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Obama has declared war on woman because he has declared war on all Americans, and this is one situation where women and children will not be spared.

4. Michael Johnson

April 16, 2012 at 1:37 pm

I don’t think the problem is that the “Left entices us with some manufactured crisis” – the right does it just as often. After all, it’s the Right that is making a big deal over these latest comments. The problem is that we buy into it. It’s an unfortunate part of human nature. We are more interested in emotional controversy than we are in boring statistics and rational debate.

• P. Henry Saddleburr

April 16, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I disagree. This was a manufactured political ploy from the Obama campaign first launched into the Republican debates when ObamaABC network’s George Stephanopolis asked Romney the question, should birth control be outlawed…or something. It was such an off the wall question that Romney bristled and asserted that nobody is talking about this. And then came Fluke. And then came the bimbo who is questioning whether working moms actually work and have anything to say about the world.

It’s a complete Obama puppet show.

It is time for Mitt and all Republicans to stand up and identify this operation for what it is. An engineered movement orchestrated from David Axelrod’s bunker.

Speaking of Axelrod….is there a creepier guy out there? Sleazy. Bad comb over. Smarmy. Eeech. I wouldn’t trust him to babysit my pets, let alone my children. And I certainly wouldn’t let him define the terms of the national narrative.

• nooneofanyimport

April 16, 2012 at 10:36 pm

While I don’t think that the right “does it,” ie, entices us with a manufactured crisis, as much as the left does, Mr. Johnson still makes an important point: “It’s an unfortunate part of human nature. We are more interested in emotional controversy than we are in boring statistics and rational debate.”

Bingo. That’s exactly why “Mommy Wars/War on Women” topics are usually crack to my little brain. Except this time I didn’t take the bait. The fish, sitting right there in the barrel, were too easy to bother shooting. I think that in American politics today, we are at the point in Wizard of Oz, when the dog has pulled back the curtain but the wizard is still working away and hasn’t noticed.

Which lends credence to Mr. Saddleburr’s opinion, that the whole thing is a puppet show.

5. nooneofanyimport

April 16, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Ha, ha, Pedro, that was a good one. Don’t you worry one bit, though, about my true colors. According to that old Churchill saying, I have no heart b/c I wasn’t even liberal when I was young!

Thanks for the welcome Mr. Saddleburr. I do indeed take my meds on time and with gratitude.

Mr. Saddlesore, I see you prefer to bypass this side issue crap and go straight to the Important Stuff: the economy and the health of our nation in general. You are right to do so, for we all suffer the “unintended consequences” of leftist policies, men women and children alike.

On final consideration of the whole circus sideshow that was “Rosen v. Ann Romney,” I’ve tweaked my opinion. Yes, it was all manufactured, BUT. The intent was simply to paint the Romneys as rich and “out of touch,” not to insult stay at home moms. That part was an accident, either of poor wording or actual disdain on Rosen’s part. And who cares which it is, LOL, b/c yay for accidents. This one made their little machinations behind the curtain . . . backfire.

Cheers to all!