RSS

Offending Feminists Through Music

07 May

Participating in Stacy McCain’s fourth annual Offend A Feminist Week is both an honor and a pleasure.  I know, I know:  some folks will not find this exercise “helpful,” but let me explain why they are wrong.

Actually, let me allow Mr. McCain to explain, since he’s a man and therefore much smarter than me:

“The empowering message of feminism is that all women are victims.  Victimhood is synonymous with power. To deny women their victimhood is therefore to re-victimize and disempower them.”

Thanks so much for clearing my mind on this issue, Mr. McCain.  I was starting to wonder:  why in the world is making fun of my own gender so much fun?

It’s fun because, unlike the typical feminist of today, I’m not empowered by victimhood.  I am empowered by throwing off the shackles of political correctness.  To reject political correctness is to liberate one’s mind.  Even if it’s a feeble female mind.

Snort.

I participated last year with a post still worth a click if you didn’t back then.  Dunno if I’ll be able to wax as profoundly poetic this year, what with all the homeskooling, cooking, and house cleaning I have to do.

Sometimes, it’s hard to be a woman.

Which leads me to the musical portion of my post.  There’s something here for everyone, young and old, so just scroll down ’til you find your style.

Country?

Or good old-fashioned?  How about Andy Williams, singing a Bacharach tune to warn us ladies:

“Don’t think because there’s a ring on your finger you needn’t try anymore.  For wives should always be lovers, too.  Run to his arms the moment he comes home to you, I’m warning you . . .

Day after day, there are girls at the office, and men will always be men.  Don’t send him off with your hair still in curlers.  You may not see him again . . . .”

Speaking of classic, there is always Elvis:

If 60’s were your decade, scroll no further.  Mick Jagger will offend you now:

It’s down to me The way she talks when she’s spoken to Down to me, the change has come, She’s under my thumb Ah, take it easy babe

(Ain’t the women screaming with rapture an extra kick in the feminist pants?)

And check out this more obscure 60’s song, Be A Caveman:

Were you a teen in the ’80’s, like me?  If so, you might appreciate a little B-Boys.  This one’s dedicated to MCA:

And finally, I just heard this song on the radio yesterday, and I right like it.  Language warning, however.  Apparently, it’s a bluegrass-style cover of a rap song:

Happy Offending, everyone!

P.S.  Which song was your favorite?  Do you have one that should be added?

(Hat Tip:  I found several of these songs at drownedinsound.com.)

About these ads

Tags: , ,

8 responses to “Offending Feminists Through Music

1. Saddlesore

May 7, 2012 at 5:02 pm

It is a toss up between Tammy and the Stones!

2. P. Henry Saddleburr

May 7, 2012 at 10:39 pm

A polite man would never compete in such an event. Fortunately, I’m not a polite man when it comes to man hating feminists.

For instance. The Cramps, “Like a Bad Girl Should”

I’m not necessarily condoning this music. I just know of it and feminists would be reviled by it.

But then there are the Pixies, a band that I love. Perhaps this would be a better choice for the feminazis…

The cat call whistles work for me. La, La Love You. I can see myself serenading Hillary Clinton with this song. Might piss off her girlfriend, though.

But as a Pixies/Frank Black fan, I prefer Subbacultcha…

Look. You started this and I didn’t even bring out any old school Frank Zappa.

Just sayin’.

Of course there’s Martin Mull’s “Normal” if you’ve horrified. Sorry that the video is so bad, but it’s not of my doing.

• nooneofanyimport

May 7, 2012 at 11:40 pm

You punk rocker you! I tried to listen to the sexist message from the Pixies, but unfortunately Subbacultcha and La La are too punk for me. The Cramps? LOL, you don’t even have to listen to conclude feminism means nothing to them. The image on screen says it all. Do The Dead and Mama’s Lil Babies were my faves back in the day. Bikini Girls with Machine Guns also warrants a mention, given the context.

Frank Zappa?? You win. I don’t even know why his name is familiar to me. Did he have sexist songs?

cheers,
      Lin

• P. Henry Saddleburr

May 8, 2012 at 9:34 am

Forgot about Bikini Girls. Good one. If you don’t know Zappa far be it from me to introduce you to him. It’s pretty rough stuff. Especially considering that it came out in the early seventies.

• John D'Oh

May 8, 2012 at 11:36 am

Didn’t the Cramps also do “What’s inside a girl”? A veritable classic!

• P. Henry Saddleburr

May 8, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Not sure. But they did do “Can Your Pu$$y Do the dog?”